Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed. (Mark 1:35, NIV)
A quiet time with God allows my heart to connect with His heart. But a quiet time with Him doesn’t need to be quiet. I can feel most connected to Jesus when I’m blasting worship music and praising His Name.A quiet time with God allows my heart to connect with His heart.
But whether you’re sitting in silence as you listen for His voice, reading passages of Scripture, spending time in prayer, praising His Name, or declaring His truth over your life, there are benefits of a quiet time with God.
5 Benefits of a Quiet Time with God
1) Renew your thoughts. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2, NIV)
2) Remember God’s greatness. I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago. (Psalm 77:11, NIV)
3) Refresh your soul. He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake. (Psalm 23:3, NIV)
4) Restore your joy. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. (Psalm 51:12, NIV)
5) Remind you of truth. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:26, NIV)
Starting the day with God allows us to hear His words before we start using ours. Filling our minds and hearts with His Word gives us His perspective. It enables us to connect with the One who knows us best and loves us most.
Reminder for the heart: A quiet time with God allows my heart to connect with His heart.
What’s on your heart? I listed a small sampling of the benefits of a quiet time with God. What would you add to my list?
NEXT STEPS & ADDITIONAL RESOURCESReady to take action? My passion is to see you cultivate intimacy with Christ so you can find rest close to His heart.
- Start by downloading Be Still: 5 Days to Heart Rest. Find rest in the security of who you are in Christ so you can experience heart rest today.
- Stay connected to receive almost weekly notes of encouragement.
- Move forward from a place of rest with art created to encourage your heart and help you find rest close to His heart as Christ’s beloved.