We love because He first loved us. (1 John 4:19 HCSB)
Last week I shared three ways to avoid Valentine’s Day Disappointment. The final one was to exceed your husband’s Valentine’s Day expectations.
Releasing God’s love through us allows Him to continue to pour into us. Focusing on filling up our husbands’ love tanks will fill ours too.
8 Ways to Exceed His Valentine’s Day Expectations:
- Serve a heart-themed dinner. I’ve served heart-shaped brownies and pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni. (Fold the pepperoni in half and cut out a mouse shape. Then open it up to reveal a heart).
- Write a love letter or add some heartfelt sentiments to a handmade valentine. (Click Here for 7 Simple Tips to Writing the Perfect Love Note.)
- Bake him his favorite dessert. This Chocolate Molten Lava Cake is one of our favorites. You can make it ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you’re ready for dessert.
- Give your husband a shoulder or back rub. (Click here for tips on How to Give Your Man a Massage.)
- Set out Hershey’s Kisses making a pathway from the front door to your bedroom where you are waiting (maybe wearing lingerie) with a note that reads “I kiss the ground you walk on.” (I tried this after seeing the idea in a magazine.)
- Send your husband a flirtatious text message.
- Love him in his language. (Click here for 15 Ways to Love Your Husband in His Language.)
- Check out the Dating Divas’ list of 111 of their most popular Valentine’s Day Ideas for even more inspiration for exceeding your husband’s Valentine’s Day expectations.
In her book Audacious, Beth Moore says, “To love Him first is to love others best.” Let’s not limit expressing love to our husbands to one special day or even two. Through the overflow of God’s great love for us, let’s pour out His love to our husbands.
Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. (1 John 4:7 HCSB)