Since Dr. Gary Chapman introduced the concept of having a love language in his book “The 5 Love Languages,” you’ve probably heard how important it is to express love to someone in a way that makes them feel loved. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought I would share some ideas to get your creative juices flowing as you look for ways to love your husband in his language.
“The object of love is not getting something you want but doing something for the well-being of the one you love.” Dr. Gary Chapman, The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts*
You can also use this list to get a few ideas for our Marriage Monday Monthly Mission – February. “Show your husband you love him by doing something for him he wouldn’t expect you to do.”
Love Your Husband in His Language:
Words of Affirmation
- Send your hubby a text telling him something you admire about him.
- Hide a love message in his pants pocket or lunchbox.
- Write him a love letter. (Click Here for 7 Simple Tips to Writing the Perfect Love Note.)
- Enjoy a coffee date together.
- Plan a picnic at the beach, a park, or the living room floor.
- Go for a nature walk together.
- Pick up his favorite snack or dessert at the grocery store.
- Make him a gift from your heart.
- Surprise him with that book or CD you saw him eyeing at the store.
Acts of Service
- Bake him his favorite sweet treat.
- Surprise him by doing his least favorite chore.
- Make him a cup of hot tea or hot chocolate.
- Give him a shoulder or back rub.
- Reach for his hand as you wait in line together.
- Initiate an intimate encounter. ; )
While I don’t think expressing love for one another should be confined to a few special days a year, I don’t want those special days to pass by without my husband knowing how much I love him. So let these ideas be a springboard for ways to love your husband in his language every day of the year. : )
Looking for more information on loving him in his language, click on the following links to go to the full article where you can find out even more about Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. Or Click Here for an overview of the Love Languages series.
What other ways can you think of to show your hubby you love him in his language?
Rest in His presence.