Earlier this week I shared one of my 2014 goals was to craft weekly. I pictured my weekly craft time as a date to nurture my creativity, a time just for me. Though I enjoy my craft time once I sit down, some days it just feels like another item on my to-do.
I realized I craft with the seasons. When I was working on Christmas cards and ornaments, I might craft a little every day to get it all done in time. But when the sun and waves are calling, you can find me with a book lying in the sand : )
“When God created mankind, he made them in the likeness of God.” Genesis 5:1b (NIV)
I’ve learned I need my crafting times as an outlet for the creativity God put inside each one of us as His creation. We were made to be creative. So today I am sharing 6 Favorite Craft Projects I have shared here on Intentionally Pursuing:
1. Frugal Wall Art … I made this as a way to remember to take delight in the Lord as part of my 2014 word of the year. I’m thinking about doing it again with the word “believe,” my 2015 word of the year.
2. Frugal Gift – Scripture Promise Box … Looking at my traffic patterns, this one would probably make the people’s favorite as we desire to intentionally plant the Word of God into the lives of those we love.
3. Affirming Our Husbands Through Words … This one has been a great way for me to intentionally invest in my marriage by sharing with Tim little things I love and admire about him each and every day.
4. How To Make Homemade Vanilla Extract … I really like the flavor this adds to my baking, so I need to hurry and get started on making this again since I am running low on my homemade vanilla supply.
5. Frugal Candle Making Part 2 … Seeing the flicker of the candle’s light fills me with a sense of peace and serves as a reminder to pray for the peace in my home as I go through my day.
6. How To Make a Plaster of Paris Paw Print … I placed this by our front door as a way to remember our sweet girl. Keeping the keepsake outside has turned it a little green, but seeing it brings a smile to my face.
I hope you enjoy these craft projects as much as I did when creating them. : )
Blessed to be linking up with Thrifty Thursday.
Rest in His presence.