During the Love & Respect series, we talked about how shoulder-to-shoulder activities speak respect to your husband. So today I am sharing 20 shoulder-to-shoulder activities you can do with your man.
- Take the family dog for a walk.
- Go for a hike.
- Visit a historic site.
- Take a road trip.
- Sit with him while he watches TV.
- Go fishing together.
- Ride your bikes to a local park.
- Sit and watch the sunset.
- Join him while he exercises.
- Go to a sporting event.
- Explore a nature trail.
- Hand him tools while he fixes the car.
- Go ice skating.
- Join him while he runs errands.
- Park your car where you can enjoy a view.
- Visit your local museum.
- Ride with him to the hardware store.
- Watch a sporting event on TV.
- Play a game on the Wii.
- Go for an after-dinner walk.
“In marriage timing is everything: ‘a time to be silent and a time to speak'” (Ecclesiastes 3:7). – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
The goal of these activities is not to get your husband to open up and talk but just to be with him. So try to let him initiate any conversation or just enjoy the silence.
In my own experience, Tim and I have had some honest conversations during our shoulder-to-shoulder times that would have been difficult face-to-face. But they happened as a natural flow of our time together. And silence doesn’t feel as awkward as it used to : )
Now, I will warn you these things take effort on your part. You might not get as much done as you had planned, but the investment in your marriage offers a bigger reward than a completed to-do list.
Set aside your to-do to focus on the one you said “I do” to.
What are your favorite shoulder-to-shoulder activities to do with your man?
Linked to Titus 2sDay.
Rest in His presence.