Earlier this year I started writing out my to-do list, and having a list has helped me to intentionally accomplish more in my day. I don’t write down everything I need to do in a day, but I make sure to write down the things I don’t do every day, the things I do once a week, and the out of the ordinary things.
Writing out your to-do will help you follow through.
Before I started writing out my to-do list, I just kept a mental list in my head. Keeping track of a list that seemed to continue to grow would sometimes overwhelm me, and this would result in things being forgotten or just running out of day or energy to get it all done.
To-Do List Benefits:
- Be intentional with my time. I can see at a glance the major things that need to get done on that particular day.
- Allot the necessary time needed. Things always seem to take longer than we think they will, but seeing the list helps me to use my time wisely because I can see at a glance what is on my list for that day.
- Prioritize my activities. Life is unpredictable, and sometimes something unexpected comes up. When the unexpected happens, I can look at my list and quickly see what needs to be given priority and what needs to be crossed off.
- Gives me accountability. There are things we do in our day no one will ever notice or see but us and God, but writing them down helps us follow through and get it done.
- Check things off! There is a sense of accomplishment when you complete a task and are able to check it off.
I use a 5×7 picture frame for my to-do list that I keep on my bathroom counter. Keeping it in the bathroom guarantees I will see it throughout the day ; ) And a 5×7 list can only fit so much, so my to-do list will never be too long.
Each night before I go to bed, I write out my tomorrow’s to-do list. Writing down what I need to do relieves the stress of trying to remember it all. And if something doesn’t get done, it can always be added to tomorrow’s list : )
How I made my to-do list:
I used a 5×7 picture frame, put a piece of pretty paper inside, and wrote my to-do list on the glass with a dry-erase marker. Unfortunately while cleaning one day, I broke the piece of glass. So I replaced the pretty paper with chalkboard contact paper, and now I use a piece of chalk to write my to-do list.
Intentionally Pursuing Giveaway Winner:
Connie G. who posted at 3:56 p.m. on November 2! Congratulations!!! Please send me your mailing address so I can get your devotional to you. : )
Rest in His presence.