Valentine’s Day serves as a reminder to express our affection to those we love. Since my husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary a mere 4 days after Valentine’s Day, I have always tried to look for frugal ways to show my heartfelt love to my valentine.
Avoid the commercialism of the holiday and look for ways to demonstrate your love with some of these frugal ideas for inspiration:
- Years ago I tried something I read in a magazine. Set out Hershey’s Kisses making a pathway from the front door to your bedroom where you are waiting (maybe wearing lingerie) with a note that reads “I kiss the ground you walk on.”
- Order dinner from your favorite restaurant to-go. We ordered dinner from Carraba’s one year to avoid the crowds and have an intimate candlelight dinner. *Warning: you may have to keep calling because they stop taking orders when the wait times get too long but resume taking to-go orders when they get caught up.
- Make your loved one’s favorite food. Yes, that is a bacon rosebud Tim is holding in the title picture. Instructions for making bacon roses can be found here.
- For something that will be cherished for years to come, write a love letter or add some heartfelt sentiments to a handmade valentine.
- Make a heart-shaped dinner or dessert. I’ve made heart-shaped brownies and pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni. (Fold the pepperoni in half and cut out a mouse shape. Then open it up to reveal a heart).
You can find even more ideas on my Valentine’s Day Pinterest page, but remember it really is the thought that counts : )
Rest in His presence.